Getting Started with Surfer SEO
Surfer is a data-driven SEO tool designed to help optimize the content of any web page to improve search result rankings. It works by using AI to analyze the content of a page against the top 50 competitive results and 500+ on-page signals that may impact your rankings. It has a built-in keyword research tool and content editor that suggests the best keywords to use in your content (and how many times), which will enable us to quickly plan, improve, and expand content structure for any page of any site on our web platform.
If you would like to learn more about using this tool to optimize your site's content, please send us an email to request onboard training and login access. The video tutorial series below will also provide step-by-step instructions.
Step-by-Step Video Tutorial
- Step 1: Deciding which keyword to rank for using Google and the Surfer Chrome plugin (free)
- Step 2: Validating your keyword choice over time and geography using Google Trends (free)
- Step 3: Exploring FAQs for content ideas using Answer the Public (free)
- Step 4: Doing competitor research using top search results in Google
- Step 5: Using the SERP Analyzer tool in Surfer to look at the quality of my competitor's content
- Step 6: Using the SERP Analyzer tool in Surfer to audit my own website for this keyword
- Step 7: Using the Content Editor tool in Surfer
- Step 8: Measuring my SEO efforts using Google Search Console (free)
Provided by Huan Song, Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications, Department of Bioengineering