The Webtools Skin Designer now supports an 'Illinois Wizard' type for creating a campus branded application skin. These skins implement web design standards from the Office of Strategic Marketing and Branding. The application skin can be used by Webtools: Calendars, Blogs, Forms, Surveys, Directory, and Maps.
Setting Up Your Application Skin
- Login to Webtools.
- Go to More > Skin Designer from the main landing page.
- Select the yellow +Create button at the top right of your screen [Fig 1].
- Select Illinois Wizard from the Application (Web) Skin options [Fig 2].
- Choose an option for Skin Administrator. Then select the Create skin button.
- In the General tab, rename your skin so it can be easily identified. For example, "GCOE - Bioengineering - Application Skin".
- In the Skin tab, complete the following three sections:
- Header - For the primary label, fill in your department/unit name. For the secondary label, fill in "The Grainger College of Engineering" [Fig 3]. You can also add links to your department/unit website as well as the college website.
- Social Media - Add links to your department/unit social media channels
- Footer - Select the "Insert Example" example button. Edit the footer content appropriately while following the pattern of the example [Fig 4].
- In the Access tab, grant permissions to any group, unit/college, or department that may need access to the skin. This is only access to use the skin, not to edit in any way.
- If another person or group will need to edit the skin, add them as administrators in the Privileges tab. This gives permissions to both use and edit the skin.
- Please add privileges for the Marketing and Communications team by selecting engradm-office-communications from the group dropdown. This will allow us to help with any troubleshooting.