What We Do
The role of Marketing and Communications is to lead The Grainger College of Engineering in articulating our brand—creatively and consistently—as we carve out our desired position in the marketplace, attract and gain favorability with our target audiences, and move them to action.
We carry out our mission by effectively communicating the purpose and promise of our college to our key audiences, including prospective students, alumni and donors, peer faculty and researchers, and the media.
To innovate at the forefront of science and engineering, and serve as trusted leaders in global transformation, turning the extraordinary into everyday reality.
To deliver excellence and innovation in engineering education, in research and scholarship, and in economic development to serve our community, the State of Illinois, the nation and the world. To turn learners, no matter their origin or circumstances, into tomorrow’s socially responsible, creative and highly skilled engineering and science leaders. To discover fundamental knowledge and to engineer technological advances that revolutionize humanity’s ability to transform societies, revitalize economies, and solve global challenges.
College Marketing & Communications Office
Need help with a project? We're here to help. This is the place to start with any questions on how to develop the following:
- Brand Identity, Messaging, and Strategy
- News and Media Relations
- Digital Marketing and PPC Advertising
- Website Development and Updates
- Email Communications
- Print Design and Direct Mailing
- Social Media Content and Advertising
- Event Marketing and Design
- Photography and Video Production
For general inquiries, please contact email@example.com
Department & Unit Communicators
Do you have a department- or unit-specific need? Our embedded communicators around the college can help with:
- Research News and Feature Story Writing
- Faculty Bios, Publications, and Awards
- Department and Unit Events
- Academic Program Communications
- Slide Decks / Presentations
- Alumni Relations and Communications