Site Manager is constantly being updated to improve functionality, fix issues and improve the look and feel of our sites, and it's important that you are always using the latest version. Please take some time to review recent changes and make sure that you know how to stay up to date with what's going on.
9.8.2020 - Button styles added to toolbar
Button styles have been added to the Toolbar in Sections on the Site Manager editor. Text must be a link for the button styles to work.
11.20.19 - Creating "Books"
We've added a new step to the content creation process in Site Manager. When you click on your site, you'll land on a new page called Books. To get to your pages, just click on the "Standard Pages" item and everything should work as it did before. This update will:
- Enable us to gradually begin incorporating content currently managed via the blog tool directly within Site Manager
- Enable us to create different types of pages or non-page content that may require different fields or structure (such as news stories)
- Enable us to tag pages/items by topic and query a given book's pages to produce lists of content (such as lists of news stories)
Additional notes on the Edit Page interface:
- A few of the fields at the top of that page have moved around slightly. But everything that was there is still there and should be labeled the same.
- There is a new “external link” field. This is mostly just used for redirects currently but will become important as we move news lists hosted in the blogtool over to new “news” books in sitemanager. This field will function the same as the external link field in the blogtool; allowing you to post a news item that is simply a link to an article hosted on a third-party site.
- There is a new “meta description” field. This field will allow you to customize the meta description for a given page. By default, if you leave this blank, the page title will be placed in the meta description field. You may override that by setting a value in this new field.
- The Body Class field was formerly a text field that required you know the various possible class names you could use. That has changed to a multiselect dropdown with the available options you can use listed in a dropdown.
- Lastly, the blue [+] icon used to activate the section showcase panel that slides in from the left edge of the browser has moved down by the Page Sections heading just above the tabular listing of sections included on the page.
10.21.19 - Interior Subnavigation
Section menus for interior pages have been updated from the horizontal pill-style navigation to a drop down menu inside the page header. This was done to improve user experience and decrease scroll depth on interior pages. Through user testing, we found the pill-style nav to be confusing and unfamiliar; so we have updated to a more familiar and compact "In this section" drop down menu that mirrors the mobile experience. We have also moved the breadcrumbs above the page title in the header space, to more clearly indicate the user's location in the site.
10.21.19 - Hero Image Sizing
Updated the responsive sizing of hero images for homepage and landing pages, improving the proportions of these modules and the elements within them (h2, subtitle, button, sliders) at all desktop and mobile browser sizes.
10.21.19 - H2 Style
Slightly reduced size and increased weight of H2s
10.21.19 - Page Load Efficiency